A great Friday!

Friday, February 19, 2010

Last night I decided I would make another run today to try to get as close to 399 as possible.  This weekend we are attempting a few higher D/T rated caches that we would like to make our 400th milestone.  So, I thought it would be fun to try and get as many of the 27 needed knocked off today.  I put 27 on the list knowing I would not go 100%, I figured that I should still be able to get a few.  Well I ended up with 17 finds, 4 DNF's and there were 6 that I did not even attempt because there was just too much snow, and too much distance to travel.  Those missed caches can always wait until spring.  I feel pretty good about that many finds, but I feel stupid because I forgot the camera today, and many were picture worthy caches. 

When I was setting up the run last night, I came across one cache that was just published.  I never thought I would have a chance at being the first to find, because it was one of my last caches of the day.  But much to my surprise I climbed the tree out over open, swift moving, very cold water and found a nice clean log to sign.  I only have a few FTF's so, it was nice to get this one even though I was not even trying.  I can now add "Mecan River Beauty-Cumberland Rd" to my F.T.F. list....oh wait, I don't track my stats anywhere...oh well!

Stay tuned...we are hoping to get #400 this weekend, and there is no way I will forget the camera this time.


0 comments:

Post a Comment