New Job=Less caching

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I have been on unemployment and looking for a job since December 1st.  Although it is very conducive to caching, it is not good for the wallet or the self-esteem.  This last Wednesday I got a call while ice fishing with a fellow cacher(Scrappy Scout) from the owner of Ripon Truck Repair.  He said he had a job available and was wondering if I would be interested.  We set up an interview for the very next day.  When I got there on Thursday I had a talk with him and I was offered the job, and I started the very next day. 

I am so glad to be working again, especially at a place to close to home...it has been 10 years since I have had to drive less than 45 minutes to get to work, and the gas savings is a nice bonus as well.  I now spend all day sandblasting frames and crane kits off of military vehicles that have been in action and need to be re-furbished.  I love sandblasting, but it has been years, and involves stretching muscles that have not been stretched in years.  I now get home and want to kick up my feet and rest. 

Now caching will have to wait for the weekends only, oh well!!

Keep checking back, I am hoping to do some caching this weekend!

Don't forget to enter the chat room when you can!

1 comments:

Kris said...

Congrats on the new job! I'm sure you can find a few lunch breaks to grab a cache or two. Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment